Thursday 4 August 2016

Discrimination Against Hair?

Straight hair has made its way into our black community. Starting from the time our people were poached from their home land ,the western civilisation has been making strides in enforcing their culture and ways upon us. 

 Straight hair enjoys a higher prestige and is more widely accepted in both professional settings and everyday settings. This social stigma attached to having curly hair has created an entire economy around hair care products and treatments to straighten hair.We seem to have forgotten ourselves and who we are by conforming to the walls society has put up around us. Why does our hair suddenly determine or rather affect how we look at others and ourselves.
I'm not saying having straight hair as a black person is a problem,but rather what I'm saying is that being black a person  and having curly, kinky hair is ok too. Blacks are not the only girls who suffer from hair discrimination and that's my whole point I'm not fighting only for my race, but I'm fighting for my gender as well. Women shouldn't be judged by their hair or outward appearances. Curly, kinky or straight  YOUR hair is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment